MEMS for Universities
memsstar’s proven etch processing technology is available in a system designed for the advanced research of MEMS devices in universities and institutional labs, tailored to meet the price and performance requirements specific to these markets.
The ORBIS ALPHA system for universities is a low cost, reduced footprint, self-contained version of our proven XERIC™ vapor release system, currently in use to manufacture the latest MEMS devices for advanced isotropic etch “release” schemes.
MEMS researchers from universities and academia benefit from memsstar’s single wafer processing platforms that guarantee excellent HF dry release etch repeatability with a wide process window to maximise performance and yield. Unique process controls and monitors deliver tuneable vapor phase etch rates, uniformity and selectivity, with endpoint capability and thermal control of the wafer during sacrificial release etch process.
What are the key benefits of memsstar’s etch process?
- Industry leading etch rates
- Industry leading selectivity to oxide and nitride
- Excellent uniformity (<5% 1σ)
What are the main features of the ORBIS ALPHA system for universities?
- Small footprint (size varies, dependent on model)
- Self contained, XeF2 on board
- DeviceNet control
- LabVIEW control system
- PC controlled
- Resistive touchscreen
How does memsstar’s etch offering compare to competitors?
- More selective
- More uniform
- Better control
- Larger process window to ‘tune’ process for different structures
What options are available with the system?
- High selectivity option – especially for silicon nitride
- Process monitor – unique to memssstar